Super Quick And Easy Bread Roll Ups
I want to share with you one of my fiance's favourite breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner. Yes, he can eat them all the time. Earlier tonight he turned and said "Baby, do you know what i really fancy tonight, do you have the ingredients for the cheesy rolls", it does melt my heart, no idea why, when he finally knows what he wants for dinner.Normal cheese toasties can be a bit flat, but when you roll a slice of bread with cheese, fry it in butter, that is something different, kinda fun even. They are perfect to have with fresh salad, dip them in a soup or eat them as it is.They are fun to make with your kids and can be versatile.Try making them with cinnamon and butter - simply melt butter, add brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of cinnamon, beat eggs, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and vanilla. Roll, dip in the egg mixture and pan fry in buttered skillet until golden brown. And there you have it - cinnamon and butter french toast roll.Another idea - Peanut butter and banana french toast rolls. Just replace the cream cheese and edam cheese with peanut butter and sliced banana. Dip in a melted butter and cinnamon. Strawberry Cream cheese rolls - Replace the ingredients from the recipes above.
- Rolling Pin
- 10 slices bread slices
- 100 g cream cheese
- 10 slices Edam cheese or any other cheese of your choice
- 3 tbsp butter
- Lay out flat a slice of bread. Using a rolling pin, thinly roll out the bread slices to ¼-inch thickess. Cut the crusts for easier rolling, but if the bread is soft enough, that is not necessary.
- Spread the desired amount of cream cheese.
- Place a piece of your chosen cheese in the middle of the bread slice.
- Roll the slice up thightly.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over a medium heat.
- When the butter is melted start placing the roll ups in the pan, cookig until golden brown and the cheese has melte, about 3 minutes. Keep adding butter if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Other types of bread (whole wheat, whole grain) can be used.
- Different kinds of cheese (vegan cheese, Swiss, provolone, mozzarella, red leicester, etc.).